Thursday, December 10, 2009

Santa Claus is Coming to Townnnn!

Are you enjoying caroling along with us this week? :)

I've been feeling pretty icky and tired, and this has been a fun way to momentarily forget the nighttime nausea. Let's just say, Santa's simply not been seeing me while I'm sleeping all that much. I think I've just overdone it with all the big stuff going on, so I'm hoping to get caught up and feeling fine soon.

Soooooo, you better watch out.... 'cause now I'm moving on, for goodness sake!

Hope sang the entire time we waited in the library's line. When she finally made her way to him she was more interested in sharing just how she had been reading about him, singing about him, etc., and etc.

Finally he got this thoughtful request out of her, "I would like a black ball. I love balls. And Maddie needs a red one." Really? We know Hope loves her soccer ball, but can anyone out there give Santa a hint of where to get black balled? And red balled, for that matter?
Maddie, on the other hand, was happy to wave and say, "Hi Sannn-taaa!" from afar. From a-close, hmm, not so much. I scooped that sensitive babe right back up before she really got upset. It'll break your heart, I tell you.
Though doesn't everyone need a classic get-me-outta-here picture with the jolly old saint? And doesn't everyone recover very quickly with the first few licks of a free blue candy cane? We say... yes!

Hope, as it turned out, had to do the most recovering once we reached the car and she realized that she forgot to sing him the carol which titles this post. She had practiced and practiced, bless her heart.

Thankfully her sticky striped stick came to the rescue just before we had to miss our Christmas party and go back for round two.

Again we say YES and hallelujah. That Santa thinks of everything!

~Katrina

No comments: