Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Best Gift


Well, I was also wonderfully spoiled this year! People were supposed to get small stocking stuffers or to not worry about anything at all. Instead, I have words and images to inspire and motivate all the year through (I must admit that the iPOD is a family gift to replace our old timey boombox, or shall I say jambox, who finally bit the dust... or at least that's what the tag said- ha!)

That stack of thoughtful gifts only scrapes the surface, though.

Baby Martins started fluttering around on Christmas, flutters and genuine kicks (punches?)!!! I don't even care if it came from me making these cinnamon rolls! :)

With Hope I had all kinds of time to think about the miracle of what was happening. With Maddie it seemed that I had much less as I literally ran to keep up with her eighteen month old sister. These days with babies to hold and rock and guide and correct and wipe and bathe and sing to and carry and play with and figure out already, I sometimes kinda forget all together that I'm pregnant.

But I was reminded on Christmas day and have been every day since, especially in those rare moments of quiet stillness.

I couldn't love any gift more.
Katrina

ps... As for Joe's favorite gift... let me give you a little hint. No need to share that I gave up all creative license, yet somehow he still has the most stylish pajama shirt in town.

1 comment:

saraiwithani said...

So glad you all finally got that iPod you've been talking about!! You'll love having all your music at your fingertips! Glad you're back! I've missed you! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's, Martins!! Lots of love!!