Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Jingle Bell Rock

Maddie's bells swing...

And Maddie does sing...


She's gonna' rock the day a-waaaaay!
****


Speaking of that Maddie, she's had some trouble sleeping through the night lately because of teething. One of the things that makes her feel better is to be swaddled, yes swaddled, in a favorite pink blankie.

When I came into her room the other night to rock her for a while, she looked up at me with those sleepy girl eyes to say, "Hep (help) me. Hep me. Bane-yet (blanket). Bane-yet." Then when we settled in the glider she softly asked, "Jesush?"

Once I started singing "Jesus Loves Me" her thumb went in her mouth and within minutes she was back to sleep.

May I remember moments like these so that I am ever patient when called upon to do my own rocking the night away.

And may patience and joy be yours too, however you may need it!
~Katrina

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Okay, this post just about broke my heart. So sweet, so pure, so precious.

When Levi wants me to sing "Jesus Loves Me" he will say "Hmm - hmm - hmm (that's him humming), Jeeser?"

The things they do and say pierces the heart like nothing else can.

Hey, thanks for the sweet and beautiful Christmas card/letter you guys sent. I am hoping ours get out before New Year's! :)

Mama Brown said...

Maddie has such a gentle spirit. Isn't it grand that we as Mom's get to have the memories of our babies, as babies, in our arms?

I LOVE the reindeer antlers...that is PRICELESS!!!