Monday, December 7, 2009

O Christmas Tree!

To catch up on some of our favorite December memories so far, we're kicking off a week of caroling. Though I may not have much time for "lyrics," hopefully the pics will be music to your... eyes? At least the pics I can get the computer to upload since I've been deleting like mad off the hard drive! :)

(While on the subject of caroling, have you heard of Pandora or this? LOVE 'EM!)

Where to begin? At those faithful branches, of course, purchased to support our local Boy Scouts and to make me skip around the twinkling house.




(Yes, Maddie was teething on an ornament... I said our favorite memories, not the just the perfect ones!) By the way, Aunt Ellen, thanks for the sweet hat boxes; we've since used them to snugly secure the trees... they're perfect, just like all the lopsided decorations the girls like to rearrange.
~Katrina

2 comments:

Dr. Alfaro said...

Katrina, that family photo is beautiful! BTW, I don't know why this tip didn't occur to me with your last post, but for some reason the horror of DELETING pics from your hard drive reminded me of this: Upload all your pics to a gigantic thumbdrive (or several :) ). Do this every few months to keep your hard drive from becoming overloaded. Then keep the thumbdrive(s) in a fire safe! Then, if anything should happen to your computer, your memories are still safe!

Kristi

k.mart said...

Aww, thanks!

I love the idea of a fire safe!!! I need to do that for old school pictures too... the ones that required, gasp, negatives!!

Joe bought me my laptop for megacheap b/c it was an old one his company was phasing out. Part of the deleting has been realizing what is not necessary for me to have on there, along with some Simple Girl pics... if I get to deleting my babies, I'll be making the 45 min. trek to Best Buy on foot, both ways uphill, in the snow... or something! :)

Thanks so much for the tips!