Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Proverbs 27:9

We realized that next year will mark a decade since the beginning of our "Girls' Weekends." Crazy to also realize that on the first one of these some of my dearest friends in the world met Joe for the first time... we had only been officially dating a few weeks and that's how he met my friends... all in one big dose. Brave guy! :)

Since then, five of those weekends have allowed me to bring my own little girlfriend with me... whether she was in my womb or nursing. This year it was just Baby Girl and I, while Daddy stayed home to care for our bigger babes. They were so full of their weekend's adventure and happiness when I came through the door on Sunday night that I could hardly contain my love for all three.

I think these kinds of times are necessary for us as women, as wives, as mothers. They fill up our tanks, remind us of truth, encourage us to become what God has called us to be.

To save money this go 'round we stayed at friend's beautiful home in Georgia... between the Friday night mini spa (that the friend's husband booked, no less!), Saturday morning yard sales, devotions, laughter, deep sharing, Sunday morning church, first trips to the Hobby Lobby, and lots of brownies and other deliciousness... not to mention, a surprise shower for our little girl!... our theme verse rings so true.

"A sweet friendship refreshes the soul." ~Proverbs 27:9





I sure hope our girls have these kinds of friends throughout their lives. The kinds that promise to hit their knees praying the minute they find out you're in labor. The kinds that never make you feel guilty or selfish for sharing your heart. The kinds that don't define closeness by miles or other numbers. The kinds that make you pee your pants, just about literally in my pregnant case, from laughing so hard.

In fact, I hope this for each and everyone!

~Katrina

4 comments:

Jeannie said...

How fun, Katrina! I love friendships that last a lifetime and pick up right where you left off, no matter how long it has been since you last met.

Keep smiling as you get closer to the big day (though I don;t know how you couldn't with such sweet girlies). Love you!

Anonymous said...

how wonderful that you girls get together like that every year! so cute.

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

What a fun weekend!

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

So thankful for our sweet friendship and yes it was an amazing weekend! Love you friend!