Friday, March 19, 2010

Putting the Mmm...

...in ham.

And, oh girl, is she scrumptiously good at it.


*Some of Madison's favorite ways to answer questions:
(Glossing right over that occasional, "Nooo!" of course)

"Yesss!" (Quite Napoleon Dynamite-like, whispered and all.)
"O-tay!" (Straight out of The Little Rascals.)
"I don't tinnnk so!" (Which causes me to smooch her cheeks off every time!)

*Joe created a character named Bart for the girls and they looove hearing these stories. Basically this flying squirrel often doesn't listen and learns a meaningful lesson in the end. Hope has taken to creating her own versions lately (which are hammy enough all on their own!) The other night while riding home Maddie decided she could do it too. In a loud, authoritative voice she announced:

"Onnnne day!!! Bart... and some nuts." (Dramatic pause). We all burst out laughing and clapping. She just flashed us that classic grin as if to say, "Oh yeah, I hope you were taking notes people."

*Everything is all about "Hopey" to Maddie. "Where is Hopey?" "I need to see Hopey." "Tum here, Hopey!" She tries to wear Hope's shoes, lay in Hope's bed, and imitate most everything Hope does or says. That's why I shouldn't be surprised that every morning now I come into a room with a naked one-year old. After all, "Need to potty like Hopey!" Diaper off and a big announcement of what she has done. The clincher?

"Mommy," she will say in a tone of you're not gonna believe this one.

"Mommy, I poo pooped aaa-din!"

Not sure I'm exactly ready for this, but I better get myself in gear... cause I'm changing sheets faster than I can wash them anymore.

*Both of these girls love stories and songs, but Maddie may really be our next American Idol. She used to request "Jesus Loves Maddie" at bedtime, and don't even think about going generic with the whole "Jesus Loves Me" version. But these days going to bed consists of songs and motions and dancing (which if I could upload video, oh Heaven help us, if I could upload video of that!) One night she woke up and Joe went in to comfort her. He tried several songs, but she just kept saying "Bob an' Warry, Daddy!" Finally Joe gave one last effort with the Veggie Tales' theme song, "Bom... Bom... Bom... Bom..." he began. Within two seconds she nuzzled into his chest and went out like a light.

*Oh, let's see... to wrap this up I just have to forever etch what she might say to you if you were meeting her for the first time. Proud as a peacock and all pleased as punch she'd walk right up to you, flash another grin, and proclaim, "I'm Maddie Mawtins!" Then stand back to see you, no doubt, in sheer awe of this fact.

Yes, we think she's scrumptious.

Then again, she does * learn from the best.
~Katrina

*H at M's age! :)

1 comment:

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

Oh Katrina, you guys have such cuties! What a special time. :)