Thursday, March 25, 2010

Wonderful World

The day is almost done.

Little girls are in bed, except the gymnast I carry with me, to sleep peacefully till morning time. At least I hope so seeing as how we just spent 45-minutes searching for Hope's treasured "other blankie," which brought great joy when found.
On an ordinary day my hands just might smell of Play-Doh, clementines, and baby wash. Maybe even a touch of the chocolate I snuck away to eat in our closet. The part I will not admit is that it might just have been chocolate out of the girls' Easter baskets. :)
I can't exactly see my feet, but I do know that these ankles are not the ones I had seven months ago. Joe's t-shirts have become my very own collection of new pajamas.
Toys and books clutter counters, tables, and bits of the floor. We've agreed that dinner dishes can wait until morning.

Thoughts of good parenting moments make me smile; others make me promise to do better tomorrow. That blessed time when mercies shower brand new.
I sit on our shrinking queen sized bed next to the one who agreed to go on this adventure with me... for good times and bad. For richer, for poorer. For hormones, for foot rubs. Uh, I mean... for sickness, for health.

That's when I hear you, Louis Armstrong...
As I think to myself in this very moment... "What a wonderful world."

Happy weekend to be lived!
Katrina

3 comments:

Jen said...

What a sweet post! I too am guilty of eating an entire chocolate Easter bunny already. Hopefully, the remaining two will make it until Easter morning!

Dr. Alfaro said...

How wonderful. Just so you know, sneaking away for a forbidden bite of tastiness is something enough of us do that it has a word: clandes-dine. :)

Anonymous said...

easter candy is the best! everything tastes better when it's egg/bunny shaped. sorry, bunnies. ;)