Thursday, March 11, 2010

Our Girls

I love that we have girls who get their hands in the dirt and sand. Girls who run hard, climb high, and enjoy showing off their "super soccer kicks." Girls who, more often than not, prefer an explorer over a princess.

But I also love having girly-girls.

Watching their little feminine hearts take delight in that which is beautiful... a sunset, a pretty dress, or a handful of flowers.

Makes them do things like get all dolled up. You know, to go to the mailbox and to color pastels all over the drive. Small moments that just beckon for skipping and twirling.

Makes them go all giddy with the thoughts of having a friend over for a "tea" party. Baking cookies and painting flowers in watercolors during the almost unbearable wait.



And, although I'm sure I'd feel the same way in perhaps a different way if God had given us a house full of boys, I just love.

Just love having our girls.
~Katrina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope looks so beautiful in that last picture especially!

Natasha said...

My goodness Hope is growing up! If she continues to get beautiful you're gonna have to have a paper bag close by when she nears her teen years, or have a stick to keep the starry eyes boys away ;) I too, love that the girls are both girly and rough n tough.