Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Best Thing

With some yesterday memories of a legendary long road trip, dye stained hands, and long baths topped off by painting tiny toes the palest of pinks...
We awoke to the sunshine that has begun to spoil us. We also awoke to plenty of opportunities for more memory making...






During the devotional just before the big egg hunt, Hope helped us make yet one more memory that I will treasure up in my heart for some time to come. As I read "The Best Thing About Easter," I paused to insert all the cousins' names into the line that reads, "Jesus died for_____." My voice broke as I looked around at all their sweet faces and that's when Hope interrupted to declare, "And Jesus died for my Nana!" while nodding her head with such untainted assurance. Then gesturing to all the extended family gathered 'round, "He died for all of these, my friends, too!"

Ahh, yes... the very best thing of all.
~Katrina

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

chills and tears(the good kind) are what your entries do to me! ;)

saraiwithani said...

That girl has a heart of gold for sure! Lots of love to you!!