Saturday, May 16, 2009

Subtly Summer

It's been raining buckets, almost day after day, in our neck of the woods. So much so I've contemplated throwing open the front door and in my best two year old voice shouting, "Wain! Wain! Go away. Come adin some udder day!"

Alas, we do have neighbors. Moving on to Plan B.

I've declared it to be a bright, sun-shining summer indoors then. With no budget and some imagination, I think it's subtly happening.

Collections of shells in glass containers scattered from here to there...


Postcards picked up on beach trips gone by and tucked into a grapevine hanging basket on the back of our front door...

All things bird and garden-- like old books, a nest, and tin birdfeeder I found in our yard...


Latest favorites of my favorite parts of any season-- propped up on the fireplace with button dorned (read: hot-glued) clothespins...

Blooms from the backyard put into really expensive tiny vases... or maybe those are empty bottles of syrup that came home from the Cracker Barrel in my purse...
A break in the clouds! HA-LLEH-LU-JAH! I needed some pots for herbs I was given... feeling they needed a little something, something I quickly rolled on a swish of leftover chalkboard paint...
A little happiness on the front porch planted in just about any old thing I could find...


My summer born babe worn right close to my heart....
I do believe the sun is shining and birds are singing, after all. To think I could have just started with that face... :)

How about in your neck of the woods?

No comments: