Monday, May 18, 2009

Moments with Maddie- Month Ten

Double digits.

Never again will we describe her time on this earth with a single digit month.

Okay, I admit, that's getting a bit dramatic.

But still, 1-0... double digits.

She's growing taller and a bit chunkier, sprouting teeth faster than we can say barley teething biscuit (but barely faster than she can devour one), and picking up on snippets of conversation. The funniest phrase is, "Na, Na, Na!" That would be, "No, no, no!" Clearly she shares her house with a two year old.





One thing she is not sprouting much of is hair. I'm dying to get a little "pwetty" on that silky peach fuzz head, but it seems she takes after her mama. And I didn't have much to speak of in this area until well after one.

Still sweet as buttercream frosting, that Maddie-Cakes of ours, but when she gets upset she's pitiful y'all. Just like me, she splotches bright red in two seconds flat after beginning to cry. Then she either buries her head on your shoulder or throws herself backward as if too overcome by emotion for a moment.

Thank goodness this summer babe is mostly grins and giggles. (Therefore, allowing my heart to stay in one piece!)


Geez, mama... do you have to tell it all?

Forgiven! So, mmmm.....


......wwwaaa!


The chair is pretty fun, but the floor... the floor is where it's at, people!

(Just please be a good blog reader and pretend you don't see apple style ring around the collar.)



Hope to see you same time, same blog next month.

These cheeks will be waiting.


and Madison

6 comments:

saraiwithani said...

Between your story telling and her sweet little cheeks, I'm surprised I'm not so overtaken by her cuteness that I'm in my car and on my way to see her. What a little doll she is!

NurseMarcie said...

Oh friend, what a doll she truly is! I'm with Sarai, I think we should get in the car and head over your way. I miss you all very much. Thank you so much for your sweet cards today! They definitely made me smile:) Give those sweet girls a hug for me. Talk to you soon.

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Look at that happy little girl! We enjoyed seeing you all over the weekend! Thanks for being a part of it!

angie said...

We miss you guys! Hope everything is good and that we can catch up soon.

Angie

amy said...

maddie gets cuter with every post...she seems like the happiest baby :)

such a blessed family you guys truly are!!!

nattiebittie said...

Hi I'm Nattiebittie I stumbled across your blog and read some. It's very spiritually strong. i hope you'll post more. You have lovely children.
<3 you can find my blog at www.nattiebittie.blogspot.com