Friday, March 6, 2009

Not the Only Cook in the... Bathroom?

After tiptoeing around a particular issue for a number of months with all that has been going on, this past week we tried to get down to doing business. Let me set the scene for you.

I'll let your imagination do the rest. Just be sure to imagine lots of opportunities for patience,"Cabbage Patch" style dance moves, cheers, stickers, Annie's chocolate or graham bunnies, a bucket of cute little big girl supplies, and a truckload of opportunities to be patient. Oh and us gated in our kitchen, coming up with all sorts of stuff to do, while reassured by the safety of hardwood floors.

Except for that time on the stairs. Or in the bedroom. And anywhere else the truckload of patience made a pit stop...

Hmm... seems I should probably jazz up this post a bit just in case I lost some of you at the bathroom photo.

Come with me to the kitchen then.

Before we go and steal (share?) his thunder, I must show you what I woke up to on Valentine's Day.
He did that with two little girls, mind you, while I got to sleep in a little. I think it's safe to say that the fastest way to a woman's heart is also sometimes through her stomach. Especially if that stomach has had some extra zzz's.

But, he's not the only cook in our kitchen. Nope, he's not... thanks to another gift of handmade (MWA, Mrs. Neal!), we have some Mommy and Me...
and Me Too, of course... apron action going on!

Several nights ago we whipped up a new version of broccoli and cheese soup. Excuse me, baby broccoli and cheese soup (A while back Joe discovered that Hope's love for all things "baby" also works for veggies... as long as we call them baby carrots, broccoli, avocado, zucchini, peas, lettuce, etc... it's all good!) It was pretty yummy, but next time we'll try to healthy-like tweak this recipe, to see if it truly tastes like the Panera version we've been after. Me Too had herself some baby sweet potatoes just so you know she wasn't left out. :)

As for Joe's love by chocolate souffle, in all its low fat glory (yeah, right!), you'll have to try and get that little recipe out of him yourself. I can assure you after a bite or two you'll be doing some cheers and "Cabbage Patch" style dance moves all your own.

With or without a side of stickers and wherever you choose to eat it.

1 comment:

Zach and Natasha Zirbel said...

I need to make notes on my handy dandy post-it notes while looking and your blog and reading cause by time I get to the comment part, I can't remember all the things I wanted to say! Maddie's apron, oh my goodness! Did you borrow that from a baby doll? So cute! I'm with Hope on the 'baby' stuff, it just sounds cute when it's 'baby' or 'small' and its more appealing then, lol. Joe is so sweet, I was glad to see the treat he made you for V-Day, now I gotta check out the recipes. I don't know how in the world you created a link like that, I'm gonna explore that. Thanks for all the smiles!