Monday, March 16, 2009

Moments with Maddie- Month Eight

I used to whisper to a tiny Hope that she was my favorite doll ever. Little did I know, God would let me borrow two of His dolls. Eight months of rocking, dressing, feeding, and loving on Miss Maddie Cakes... it's been one beautiful blur.

Joe often says he doesn't know what God was thinking giving him two little girls. Images of little boys coming to call for them, sending them out into this big world one day (he's already trying some brainwashing, I mean encouraging, about going to a local university), and perhaps giving those hands in marriage are just a few that can send him over the edge. I remind him that forty is just a bit on the strict side for some things.

But secretly I just can't comprehend that so much time could escape us, could actually come to pass. This is cause for celebrating the little things, a cause for celebrating the here and now. (With that, have you ever seen My Best Friend's Wedding? If so, all you gotta do is sing along; I'm in one of those moods...)


Just thinkin'...

And gigglin'...

And dreamin', a hopin'...

And playin'...


And?

You guessed it... Crawlin'!

(Are you thinking how great true lo- ove is?) :)

6 comments:

NurseMarcie said...

Oh Maddie!!!!!!! I knew you were so close. I can't wait to se it for myself:) I am missing you girls more than you could know. That bright beautiful smile does a heart good, especially after one NON-STOP CRAZY Weekend! I need a vacation! Your Auntie Mawcie is sending you and Hope and mommy and daddy Great big hugs. I miss you:) Much Love to you all! Have a Great rest of the week.

saraiwithani said...

I think I write this on every post, but it continues to be true, so I'll say it again: HOW PRECIOUS!! Can't wait to give those sweet little checks a big squeeze in a few weeks!

Lori G said...

She is so beautiful! I know that you and Joe are so proud! (My dad told me that I couldn't date until I was married. I'm now 34 and single. Now when I ask him to come to my house and help me with a plumbing or electrical issue his first response is, "When are you getting married?" Tell Joe marriage may not be so bad as far as dads are concerned!)

Thank you so much for your comment on my blog. Prayers are very much appreciated at this point! I need all the help I can get! :)

I will not be able to be at GW '09 because of a math conference, but I am hoping to make it to dinner on Saturday to at least get to see everyone!! I've missed it!

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

Katrina,
Your girls are absolutely precious!! And, I have to say, this Maddie has some special twinkle--seems like such a joyful little one! I'm with you on Spring, too!!

Anonymous said...

O how beautiful, she is a angel sent from above. Miss Maddie looks like her mommy made over, cute as a button.

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Maddie, you are a CUTIE!!! Love those shoes!