Thursday, January 29, 2009

Things I Love Thursday

**This is the post that was meant to publish.

Sarai, I totally nabbed this idea from your blog... hope you don't mind. After all, imitation is the highest form of fattery... flattery... :)

I had to nab it, though, so I can share about my Iron Chef.
My man in shining apron.

Either way, I love him and his latest creation... the Adirondacker.

While at the grocery the other night he pulled a when we were first married on me. Those were the days of consistent Friday night dates. Many times we would find a crazy recipe and hit up the store in search of some hard to pronounce cheeses or spices (often by hitting up the sweetest and most knowledgeable looking person in the aisle!) By about nine or ten o'clock we'd sit down to bliss-- bliss or blah, that is. As you can imagine, that part never really mattered too much; it was the fun in just trying something new and being together.

So the other night, he called and told me to pick up all sorts of fun stuff. Horseradish, parsley, a little fresh dill. Who am I to argue with a handsome guy who defends religious freedom AND knows how to work an apron?

I got home, and he made me dinner. Well, me and two other pretty girls-- that would be our new version of date night. (And feel free to nab the pant hanger idea for yourself. Keeps the recipe at eye level and frees up counter space. Ingenious, I tell you!)

The result? Bliss! I couldn't find the exact recipe online (though you can kinda blurry-like make it out if you click on the above picture), but go here if you'd like to give another of Rachael Ray's burgers a try; come to think of it, they have Super Bowl written all over them!

5 comments:

amy said...

well...how lucky are you! me and jero are like the blind leading the blind in the kitchen...we don't cook, but i give it my best effort!

your new style of "date nite" is pretty awesome...

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

AWESOME! What a nice night..good food and you don't have to cook! Loving it! :)

saraiwithani said...

I love that you chose to "flatter" me in such a way :) I feel that often times I can't seem to get past things in my life to complain about...but I know that at least once a week I get to really wrap my brain around things that I absolutely love. And usually I have to decide between several things, and that just makes my whole day better :)

Jon and Amanda plus 2 said...

If we are EVER in your neck of the woods...you'll have to tell Joe to get that apron on b/c we would LOVE to sample his tasty creations! - what a chef!!!!

Zach and Natasha Zirbel said...

This is fantastic, lol! I smiled and got hungry, both at the same time. Ok seriously Joe, the hanger idea is genius! I don't have one of those handy cook book holders and I often use my Kraft Family magazines for recipes so I'm going to nab that idea for sure. Looked delicious and even though Zach and I haven't been married all that long, we still need to remember the "when we were first married" ideas. Thanks for sharing!!