Wednesday, January 21, 2009

1+1= Two Much Fun!

It's probably no surprise that we enjoy celebrating birthdays. I'll never forget a little boy I had in my classroom one year. He certainly could be tough, but also a gem, and I could hardly believe it when his Mom told me he had NEVER had a birthday party. Why? Because he had never been good enough.

Those sad words still ring in my ears. And still crush my heart.

Needless to say, we broke that terrible tradition with his third grade friends. Boy, did we ever... the whole class got the surprise of free Wendy's kids' meals for lunch (his mom worked there and the manager hooked us up), a ginormous cake, and extra recess in his honor. I can still see his huge grin as all the kids cheered for him along with the look of pride on his mother's face... and those images still make my heart soar!

Now with our own children, we want them to know that the sacred days of their births... well, those days are cause for celebration in honor of the work God did when He knit them together in my womb! Though we postponed Hope's little birthday party until February when (finger's crossed) we're still undoubtedly healthy, we did make the day full of small surprises meaningful to Hope. As requested, here are a few snapshots of it all. :) Thanks to all those who help remember her in many ways (like, you, Auntie Brooke!)

3 comments:

saraiwithani said...

Oh my...that Hope is PRECIOUS!!! Love the new 'do :) Can't wait to celebrate her birthday next month! Big hugs to the birthday girl!!

Andrea said...

The outfit Uncle Billy bought looks GREAT! He thinks so too so I'm passing along the comment for him. All the pictures turned out good...glad we got to come visit!

Love Uncle Billy and Andrea

The Gieses said...

Happy Birthday Hope!!