Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Martins Came to Town... After Town... After...

Is it still legal to post about Christmas? Go ask my husband, you say? Well then, Christmas it is!

Truly it's been fun to read all about this time in everyone's families. We thought we might not live to actually ever tell about ours, yet here we are. Though at times it was two little, too much- we made it after all. We write this in victory of our accomplishments! Ha!

We braved a crazy schedule and many hours of travel throughout Virginia and had an awesome, memorable, oh-my-we've-been-gone-twelve-days-these-poor-kids-are-under-two time. So many people to see that we dearly miss! Come along on our picture filled, and we do mean picture filled, scenic tour. We had plenty of...

Reunions and some introductions for the girls:




Beach memories like seeing "Baby Jesus in wights (lights)" on the boardwalk outside our window and "bek-fist by the OH-sun!":



Songs, jokes, and games to play:




Special little touches fit just for the season (The following sweet pic was Hope's spot at the Christmas Eve table!):


A couple hours with just the two of us in pursuit of some hot chocolate-- holding hands, gazing at lights, and acting perfectly normal like we know what to do with ourselves when kidless:

No, wait... we tried to play it cool... SEE! (Please, that was certainly not us you saw skipping outside the Barnes and Noble):
EXCITEMENT that proved Christmas will just keep getting better and better. And, yes, Maddie's favorite gift was indeed tissue paper with a close second as... tissue paper. She joyfully rolled in it all morning long, while Chef Hope happily "cut" us up bunches of fruits and veggies from Santa:




And just like we had hoped for you, lots of kisses and hugs along the way:




***
From Maddie's first Christmas, the one when Hope learned of the Baby for whom we celebrate, here's a final family photo. So long, two thousand and eight:
Hard to imagine just what 2009 might hold!

2 comments:

Zach and Natasha Zirbel said...

I confess....tears filled my eyes as I looked through these. I was doing fine until...until I saw the goofy picture of you and Joe. Yep, that one done if for me. Just remembering how fun it was to be with you two, and now thinking of all you've been through since I've known you-wow, a lot. I went through my planner from 08 to refresh myself on birthdays and in January I noticed that we were meeting to train for THL, and not long later, a meeting date for coffee. That's when it all began :) So glad you were able to travel and I'm sure now is a much needed resting time for ALL of you. Hope Joe can chill out and refresh too. I will get my pictures up soon. We too had a great Christmas, I think it might have been my Best Christmas Ever! Miss you lots!

Jon and Amanda plus 2 said...

Oh I love love love all the pictures. Looking at them makes me sad that Christmas came and went so quickly!
Of course I adore the one of Alissa and Hope in a sweet embrace...too cute!
I'm SO happy you were both SO brave...to make the trip with 2 little ones. It was fantastic to see you and our only regret is that we didn't get MORE TIME!!! I guess it's our turn to make our way to Nash one of these days =)
Love to you all!!!