Monday, September 8, 2008

Reflecting on Thirty Big Ones

Normally I wouldn't devote a whole- belated even- post to my birthday but this year, well, I officially exited my 20's. And normally I'm not all about the numbers but this year, well, I officially exited my 20's y'all! My, oh my, how the time has flown.


So, how did we celebrate? Loved ones eating a candlelit lasagna dinner & ice-cream cake... Cosby Show seasons 7 and 8, baby... Other unneccsary, touching gifts...
And one of my favorite, absolute favorite, things of all... encouraging words and cards (you should see me at the mailbox on a "good mail" day!) Joe collected sentiments for me this year in a surprise scrapbook. In the last weeks I have seriously looked at it all a million times over. My, oh my, so much to be thankful for.


Still I can hardly believe it. I've learned so much in the past three decades, and I hope for at least thirty years more. It feels like I have so much left to accomplish, including potty training and changing the world. In no particular order, of course. :)

*******
Speaking of birthdays, we're so glad Auntie Brooke loved her bloggy birthday surprise; wish we could pay similar tribute to all our friends and family on their special days. Knowing that probably can't happen we have to mention the fact that August was one happening month! From Grandma Martins and Aunt Ellen (all us kids, yes including me, had fun making that crown), to Uncle Billy (Hope's art skills responsible for the banner and note his face- a Britt family classic for receiving presents), to at least half a dozen friends-- happy days to ALL!



1 comment:

amandajonalissa said...

I will soon follow in your footsteps Katrina! - in November. 30 is such an interesting birthday... done so much... and yet so much left to do!

Sounds like you had a GREAT one =)