Monday, August 8, 2011

In the Kitchen

Almost every time I merely think about entering the kitchen, four little legs come scrambling after me.

"I wanna help, Mommy!"
"What can I do???"
"Here's my stool!!"



I'm usually in one of two places. Either I am all about it and happily set about giving each of them a job to complete. Or I am wanting to just get the job done already without all the extra mess, time, mess, and time. If I find myself in the land of the latter, as with most other things in mothering and life, it is best if I do one simple thing.

Get over myself.

Especially when I stumble upon my oldest girl sitting in the floor with a piece of paper, some crayons, and her fun creativity.

Fruity Yogurt Drink Smoothie
By Hope Martins
1. Milk
2. Yogurt
3. Ice
4. Strawberry lemonade
5. Mango
6. Blueberries

Love.

Each Friday night one family member gets to pick both the menu and activities. I can almost predict what each gal will choose and for Hopey, you might as well break out the eggs and waffle iron.
Breakfast for dinner it is. The more toppings, the better.


Maddie is quite the corn shucker when it comes her turn.

Alysse isn't really yet cooking and baking, but she sure has the job of "Taste Tester" down

We're on a mission to find the perfect easy bread for our family without having to order the crazy-hard-to-find-part missing from the bread machine we were gifted. I may just give in, but in the meantime this one comes mighty close. (Paired with some jam and this in the morning for mama... hello, new day!)




Pre-baking, lopsided pedicures do wonders for the final result

So much fun to hear them throw around words like recipe, ingredients, and half a cup. I just never could have dreamed up how delicious my little girls would someday be.
~Katrina

No comments: