Saturday, April 30, 2011

Road Trip

This is a double post kind of day. Just like the Thursday before last was a road trip kind of day. After, that is, I cleaned up a huge berry smoothie that absolutely threatened (but did not succeed!) to ruin the interior of our Honda that's up for sale.

Bygones.

Just me and my girls hitting the open road. I am so thankful for this happy little chick. She knew her mama was strapping her in for something special.
One of my favorite parts of road tripping can often be the stops. Not necessarily the juggling three by myself, everyone's gotta potty, we winged it by going in a field next to the playground kind of stops though.

Don't believe me? Here is my view, nursing Alysse while simultaneously yelling at Hope to come my way and laughing hysterically and taking this picture, while the "Jones Family" busted up on our moment.

Bygones.
I love when we've reached that point enroute to our adventure where we're just about begging to stretch. We find a field or a park, grab our hodge podge of favorite eats, jump out barefoot and take in the fresh air and companionship of sisters.

Alysse's first melon. Verdict? Don't even try to pry it from her chubby grasp!

Take that, Jones Family. :)

Better still is the propelling force which promises that just ahead of us lies a week of possibility, a week of breaking away from the grind, a week of catching up with family and celebrating Nana, a week of hunting for (and finding!) our next home, a week...





...that went by in a flash!

Sweet Easter Sunday was a beautiful day to finally slow down. A day to go to church, hug some necks, follow a simple scavenger hunt to find three wicker baskets hidden in the barn, eat ourselves plenty full, open the last Resurrection Egg, play a little hopscotch, blow bubbles, and enjoy many rounds of catch.

Maybe it also included temporarily dethroning our sleep champion babe due to some whopper top teeth coming in. But I suppose you can guess what I have to say about that?

Yep, bygones.
~Katrina

1 comment:

Mama Brown said...

Sweet pictures my friend. Looks like y'all had a great Easter week. You guys were missed dearly.