Saturday, April 30, 2011

More Bits

Are you ready for it? And by "it" I mean the, hmm, really cute truth?

Well, okay...

This is what life looks like around here these days (Nights? No, days? Nights? Oh well, they've become one in the same anyway!) Joe and I raising our eyebrows (and only occasionally our voices) at the wee hours in which we paint and touch up and work, the girls up way past bedtime tearing off those dag-nab slipcovers again and watching some borrowed something (except Alysse 'cause that girl has become a sleeping champion... so proud of her!), and all of us counting down the days until the newly placed sign in the yard yells...

SOLD!

Not because we are ready to move on from here AT ALL yet, but because I can stop being the Mom I am not. The one whose all pick that up, keep that clean, no we can't do that fun and messy project right now. When I get those days fully back with my girls... ooh, baby, when I get those days back! I'll leave it at that.

But even with my crazy, gotta get this done yesterday MO I still stand amazed at my girlies, at our family for how resilient and only semi-insane we can be through such a big transition. As is my favorite, the little bits.
***

"Hey, Mama, don't worry. I can help with all this!" This picture has sadly disappeared but a little pigtailed girl had herself a bunch of wet paper towels. They were causing water marks on the table more than anything, but help she did. By enlarging my heart outside my chest again.

I did find another picture I forgot I took of some flowers Joe bought from a lady who needed to sell them. Sure made our night.
Finding experiments in the freezer. Hearing Hope wonder. How long will it take to freeze? It could turn into an ice rink? If I added food would it change it all up?
Same with riddles shooting at me from the back seat. I hold animals from escaping and go around people's yards... What am I? I am delicious, cold, and held on a stick... What am I now?

Bedtime conversations.

Hope: After ten I'm stopping my birthdays.
Me: Why?
Hope: Because at ten I'm old enough to stay home by myself sometimes, but I won't ever have to leave you and Daddy.

Lord help that swollen heart of mine. May it get extra big as a reminder to me when she or one of our other lovelies rearrange a perfectly clean room in 2.5 seconds flat.
Eleven months and cruising.

She's grounded.

Maddie's first "school" experience with our little home school group that I've been teaching for the last two months. Watching her dance and learn and play with friends. She's got such a heart, that girl-- both highly sensitive and supremely sweet.
The feeling of arisen, of new life, of a hope that goes beyond anything we could ever hope to really comprehend. Easter is a favorite bit of every single year.

Hope you have a happy one!
~Katrina

*Written before Easter, but published after. Such is life these days. :)

1 comment:

Jeannie said...

You are looking good, Katrenda! you rarely put up photos of yourself. But, I can't blame you with those gorgeous girls to show off. I cannot believe Aylsse is almost a year old! Happy Easter to you all!