Thursday, November 19, 2009

And Now for Something Serious...

I have yet to get a journal for this new baby of ours. By this point for the girls I had pages and pages of letters written to them. Serious heart strings kinds of things like what I hoped and dreamed for them, what I imagined them to be like, what it was like to be entrusted with carrying around their little lives.

And others levels of serious.

Like food.

I don't know what my cravings speak about the kinds of babies I have, but I can tell you this...
With Hope, I survived the first trimester on Subway veggie delight subs. Extra pickles, hold the mayo. Later on, while I tried to work as close to my due date as possible, I couldn't have done without apples dipped in peanut butter and a drawer stash of Hershey Kisses.

Maddie was definitely my summer baby because I craved all things cold... ice-cream, popsicles, smoothies, and by all means milkshakes. It was truly fate that my practice was right beside the Steak-n- Shake. Toward the end I ate homemade taco salad like it was going out of style. My friend, who was living with me at the time, and I also put down our fair share of S'mores over the gas stove.
And this one? Heaven help me with this one, it's the Sonic junior burger. I had never even eaten at a Sonic until this child, and now I have to put up blinders when I pass the one that calls to me every single time I go into town. Good thing I'm still pretty nauseated, else I might start putting on some roller skates and taking orders... do employees get free food? Come to think of it, I'm also craving bean burritos. Do you think the need for protein has anything to do with the number of toddlers around here?

Phew. Good to have that off my chest.

With heart wrenching stuff like this, I really must get to finding myself a journal. :)

1 comment:

Mama Brown said...

Oh girl, eat it while you have an excuse. I had a craving for those silly orange, circus peanuts and McD's oreo blizzards. It's funny what our babies crave for us. When I saw you yesterday, YOU AREN'T EVEN SHOWING...so go for it and make yourself and that baby happy!!!