Friday, October 17, 2008

Retired, But Still in Business?

Some of last post's sweet comments (thank-you!) got me thinking... as you may know, I am a teacher by trade. In teaching's purest form, I have always loved what I do. I get a natural high when kids suddenly want to read for the first time, figure out that math concept that they've always struggled with (Just ask Joe; he'll sing you the problem solving rap I wrote for my kids. Then he'll die laughing. Like right now.), find their writer's voice, learn to make up with a friend who's hurt their feelings, and more. Now that I'm temporarily retired, I'll admit it, I can't help myself. Surely you teaching friends, you crafty friends, some kind of friends out there can tell me you understand why there are book baskets or tubs everywhere I can think of along with what I'm about to show you...











That "schedule" is one in the loosest sense of the word, especially considering trying to care for a newborn and everything else that pops up throughout any given day. And truthfully, most of the day is spent at "recess." Oh, why am I explaining myself? I told you I can't help it; it's in my blood or something. To see these girls discover and learn, well, that ranks right up there with one of the highest teaching highs of them all. "Do you give up when a problem is tough? No, we don't! No, we don't! Do you give in and let the problem win..." Sheesh, Joe, enough already!

5 comments:

The Gieses said...

Oh good! I'm glad I'm not the only one with a gazillion boxes of books that Cooper could only hope to get through before he turns 18. Although, somehow, I still pick up more everywhere I go... I love the pics and the ideas that it gives me - keep 'em coming!

amy said...

LOL, how fabulous are YOU???

and organized, i love it! oh, i hope you have many more babies :) the girls are going to be soo far ahead of the game when school time comes! good for you, i know you can't help it with your background ;)

God Bless...

amy

shaibaer said...

Ok... I'm waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay not even CLOSE to being as organized as you are! lol Can you come to my house and set us up??

No seriously, can you come over??

I would love to hear the ideas you have for "lesson plans". I try to compliment James's preschool curriculum on his "off" days... but I need IDEAS!! lol

We're on harvest right now if that helps! ;)

Andrea said...

Looks like Hope has her own little pre-school right at home! She is learning so much so fast, I can't believe it! Before we know it, Hope will be teaching Maddie...
Can't wait to see you for Thanksgiving!

shaibaer said...

I recently came across this site

http://www.preschoolexpress.com/

and I thought you'd be interested!!