Monday, April 28, 2008

Ordinary Miracles

Didn't really plan on posting this evening but suddenly started feeling very thankful for the little things, the small details that often go unnoticed in a day. I send this tag out there to any of you who would like to try a "Top...Whatever" list too. In an effort to count our blessings, we're going to try and do this every week or so- join in if you'd like! So, here's my top ten ordinary miracles for today:

1...That Joe will be home after a four day business trip in a matter of moments and I have butterflies.
2... That when I walked out to the mailbox tonight I looked down to find a grinning little girl walking beside me.
3...That even though I've read "Corduroy's Snow Day" at least a dozen times today it was requested again at bedtime. And all to get to the part where they drink hot chocolate- "YUM!"
4...That for the first time in a long time I'm going to watch a movie while I wait ("The Notebook," a free library rental as opposed to doing bills!)
5... That stove popped popcorn, my favorite way to fix it, makes the whole house smell delicious (maybe why I opted for the movie?)
6...That Tucker sits protectively beside me anytime Joe is away... and he hasn't peed in the garage all week.
7...That Hope and I got to enjoy good company and delicious Cuban food last night thanks to some sweet friends.
8...That I must be carrying a world class gymnast from all the movement that constantly goes on in there.
9...That a warm shower and a little time to think can make me feel like a new person.
10...That I haven't thrown this computer out the window for how slow it's been lately- after all, we've caught up with some "long lost" colleagues and friends thanks to this little blog!

No comments: