Monday, January 7, 2013

Bits: Adventure Drive

First.  I know it's Monday, but I'm all over the computer today planning when uploading some really fun pics naturally seemed like a good diversion from that and my crinkly dry Christmas tree, which the girls literally cry about every time I mention that it's to come down.  Plus my camera got a Christmas present, a guy at Liberty is taking her for a little spa treatment (a.k.a. cleaning off all the dirt and peanut butter she's collected in the last few years!)

And second.

Though I had already chosen a word for my new year before I read this post, I certainly think mixing the word love in there (as is our school theme this year) deserves some attention.  I  hope to see the new Les Mis in the theater, but I know the older Liam Neeson version can be a quiet time all in and of itself.

"To love another person is to see the face of God."

So good.
*****

I almost titled this post, "Thanks, Jared!"  You  know, the skinny Subway guy, who holds out his pants all big and baggy.  But proper thanks goes to my guy, the Daddy 'round here.  For it was he who randomly, as he is so good at, filled out some entry form one day while we were munching on a shared footlong.  When they called us back with three nights/four days, 100 resort dollars to spend, and $50 of Subway gift cards, we thought we ought to say yes.
Photobucket
Adventure Drive, party of five... yes, please!

Now, anyone in their right mind ought to also know that such adventures with our little crew of five and four and two is indeed a blast.  And indeed quite a bit of work.

So becomes the question of, "Is it worth it?"

Let's see...

Saved money by daily eating at least two meals and snacks in the room...
Photobucket
With ample free entertainment courtesy of smoothies while watching "Doc McStuffins" or jumping on the bed.
Photobucket Photobucket
That freed up the funds for some other jumping, for which the bed kind seemed but a beautiful prelude...
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Love their faces and Alysse's "Tinkerbell" moves

The bulk of those resort funds going to the most amazing indoor water park this crew has ever seen. Just wish the girls could have enjoyed it some. :)
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
This is exactly five minutes after the first water park adventure, so we drove around until sun set at the tip top of the mountain.  A perfect spot for Joe and I to talk about our goals, where we've been and where we hope to be.I am energized to dive back into more creative homeschooling, saving up for adoption (which means tackling my grocery bills again!), working out, and growing as a person all the way around.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Favorite memories include Alysse's brave plummets down the medium-sized slides, Maddie's sheer thrills over the same kiddy frog slide (about 152 times), and when we went back for a nighttime romp before bed and I got some awesome alone time with Hope.  We needed it, she and I.  For any of the other situations in which Hope can be cautious, which is fine, she has mad fearless skills in the water!  She and I quickly graduated to the biggest slides again and again, plus two turns down the lazy river which gave us precious time to talk and laugh.  Especially when, suddenly, the giant bucket's contents dumped onto my head.

So, that question?  Hardly a question.

What a sweet gift at this year's beginning.  Chances for us all to talk about our goals and remember the things we've learned, remember our promises to grow deeper in our love for Him and for all.  We're not perfect and certainly don't have it all figured out, but we are grateful for strength and stamina and opportunity.

So grateful, indeed, for this great big adventure called life.
Photobucket Photobucket
~Katrina

1 comment:

Christy Marshall said...

Oh my! You guys are the perfect family to adopt. Ill be praying!! I am so excited to hear more of this journey.