Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bits: Just Bits

Few{er} words, scattered bits.

:: Her first soccer practice!  She wanted to sleep in her shin guards and soccer socks, consigned (practically brand new!) cleats and umbros.  We settled for the shorts alone with all the other equipment nestled safely at her bed's end.  I love to see my kids strong and healthy.  Building their confidence, one experience at a time.  She, on her own, prayed for courage to go out on the field and do her best. The first "drill" and all the new kids spooked her for a minute, but God came through.  Sent her the sweetest little friend and soon they joined hands and ran happily from station to station.  Then our girl was practically unstoppable!
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
Cutest sideline cheerleaders ever.  "Go Hopey go! Go Hopey go!"  Deserved some surprise Saturday morning pancakes out, we decided.

::
Me: Come on everybody!
A: (her shoes, of course, on the wrong feet again and giving a slap to her shorts) I've got my Crocs and I've got my bottom; let's go!
Photobucket
:: While we were consigning, ballet begins again soon.  Let's take a minute and remember their recital, when my heart almost swelled outside of my chest.  Joe while filming, on the other hand, could NOT stop saying-- "This is awesome.  This is awesome!"
Photobucket Photobucket
:: Someone, in particular, is ready to start all that twirling again.  And wear the sparkly tutu while doing so or, as it seems, every day up until doing so.
Photobucket Photobucket
:: Started a science curriculum that I realized wasn't tapping into her love of science quite like I had hoped, so we adapted and starting making sundials and researching moon craters.  Much better.
Photobucket
Messing up Learning as we go.

:: The return of Crockpot Sundays.  Worth the smell alone when we get home from church.  Next Sunday: Spinach and mushroom lasagna.
Photobucket
::Babybearwearing at breakfast.  She's such a Mama.
Photobucket
:: Needing to remember to choose well.  Sleep is good.  Sleep is goooooo-d.
Photobucket
Coffee too. Especially when I don't choose so well.

:: Writing for real, self-inspired reasons. Bummed a little that this requires some capital and punctuation edits, but quickly recovered once the envelope was decorated. Photobucket
:: She's got me thinking about our future family picture. And about helping others in general.  By all means, if you read nothing else, this one has me searching out my heart for sure.  Venturing into the unknown is a call for me to take a cue from my oldest, to get out there and begin.  He'll send the right folks to hold our hands.  I know He'll hang on too.

:: This child saddles up next to me while I'm peeling potatoes and softly touches my arm.  "Mama, you're my bessst fwiend." Just wouldn't want to be anywhere else for this sweet, short season.  That baby talk goes away all too soon.
Photobucket
:: Evenings at the park, swinging and practicing soccer by a half moon. Photobucket Photobucket
Fun pictures before Hope, out of her own water, dared to drink out of Maddie's Nalgene bottle.  We had two thirsty girls because the world ended for about ten minutes.  Thankfully nothing a few apologies and some time to calm down couldn't handle.  Ah, sisters.  The next moment they're hugging 'till the end best of friends.

I'll be back on Friday, I think, with a little "day in the life" kind of post to answer some questions about what our school day attempts to look like. :)  It's also a great opportunity for me to do it while it's still early in the year, so I can reflect and compare as we move along.  

Living for the Bits,
~Katrina

2 comments:

Christy Marshall said...

getting caught up on your blogs. on to the next:). great and heartfelt, as usual.

amy said...

Oh my...those links to that blog made me cry! Goodness, what an awesome blog. Thanks for another great post, I love keeping up with your girls :) Hope looks every bit a soccer player I tell ya...I think you have her in the right sport! Maddie, every bit the ballerina! And Alysse...can I just borrow that little angel? Thanks for your love and support, btw, I'm in the process of a quick little email to you. xoxo