Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Bits: Short and Sweet

Both time and sentiment are short this week, both meaningful all the same. Among all the things going on right now, I'm stopping today to say something simple. Something I say pretty often, I suppose.

Hooray for the sweet little bits.

:: Keeping promises. Finally planting the little windowsill garden Madds found under the Christmas tree.
Photobucket
:: The smell and look of homemade laundry soap. And it's cheap.
Photobucket
Easy, peasey if you've never tried it. 1 cup of Borax, 1 cup of Arm and Hammer washing soda, 1 bar of grated Ivory soap. All found at the grocery store.

:: Us big people love Narnia and hope the girls grow to as well.
Photobucket
:: Our weekend looked a lot like this with noses dividing our family into Sniffly vs. Not.
Photobucket
:: Still it made for a rather lazy Sunday, which we haven't had in I can't remember when. Movie marathon, a long afternoon just for crafting, a friend dropping by with Chai tea and a good laugh.
Photobucket
Girls made cards; I made a Valentine wreath and artwork out of old pages and records.

:: Restful Sunday turned into Manic Monday when more of my crew joined forces with Team Sniffly. It wasn't very pretty, particularly with my incredible and passionate first born. A click or two later that night gave me this.
Photobucket
Even though I've never pulled her out of a fountain, tears were streaming. God.

:: Colorful lunches on gray days.
Photobucket
:: Simple pleasures of reading and music. Alysse loves them both, and we love loving them with her.
Photobucket

Photobucket
This one an outtake of our "Day in the Life" below.

:: Style, individuality. She's got 'em both.
Photobucket

:: Learning, playing.
Photobucket
:: More x's and o's.
Photobucket

That's it. Nothing too profound or earth shattering to accompany these scattered bits. Just an appreciation for having each one of them in my life here at February's beginning.
~Katrina

1 comment:

Christy Marshall said...

You inspire me more than you will ever know, KB!!!