Monday, December 6, 2010

Lately

Before I can give way to toe-tal Christmas cheer...
It's only right that I finish up the month of November. After all, it held a lot of little celebrations for our family.

Let's see...

First, we celebrated Daddy's birthday! The girls were certain he needed a bear-themed party, and I was certain he needed some kind of coconut sweetness. He really enjoys coconut, and this is the one time of the year I'm sure to make it for him. In fact, I've been doing this since we were dating and I had to use the sad little kitchen in my residence hall. He was out of town until his birthday evening, and none of us could stand it in all of our preparing (read: making a big, fat mess) until he walked through the door.


We had a lot of fun. Excitement over a bit of salmon and saved up steaks, corn pudding, a fun salad, and warm crusty bread. Some of my very favorite memories include us gathered around the table. Since becoming a wife and mom, I can honestly say I enjoy taking a little bit of this and that thrown here and there and baked at 350.

Especially when it actually tastes good.
**

Alysse turned six months. Halfway to birthday. Mercy, mercy me.
With the third I have to say I'm the most comfortable, most relaxed I've ever been with a babe. I love it. But we HAVE to get our sleep thing down, so we've been spending a good bit of time these past few weeks working on a better schedule. And watching her scoot backwards in an attempt to get forwards, sit up with increasingly more confidence and ability, drooliest of the drooly teethe (read: the soaking wet top half of her onesie), and become more vocal and kissable all the while.

Mercy, mercy me.

**
Finally, Joe and I celebrated SEVEN years. Lucky number seven! Got a babysitter and everything. Hold the press! I think the last time we were even alone together in a car was several weeks before Alysse was born (read: unless you count being in labor on our way up to the hospital-- I don't). A hibachi grill with my sweetheart.

Delicious.
**

With that off my chest, let December begin (read: yay, yay, yay!) :)

~Katrina

3 comments:

Mama Suz said...

I so look forward to each and everyone of your posts, Katrina!! Happy Belated 7th Anniversary to you and Joe....it seems like it was only yesterday that I attended your sweet wedding at BHBC!!!

Much love to all of you
Susan

Jeannie said...

You guys are adorable. I want to be one of your kids and eat at your table with homemade crowns and yummy comfort food.

I totally forgot about Homecoming in Christ! Love, love, love the memories!!

The Goodman Family said...

Happy Anniversary, so glad that you guys got some alone time! Hope that Joe had a great Birthday, it looks like he did! Love each and every one of your posts!