Saturday, June 26, 2010

Firsts

One of my favorite things about being a parent, about staying home with our girls is getting to witness all the firsts. The very first time you see her face, the first favorite book, the first smile, the first word, the first time holding her close during Sunday worship, the first time your eyes lock and you both know she understands just who you are, the first spit up all down your shoulder or poop up her back.

Those last two, I know... priceless. But I'm keeping it real here. Believe me, I have many a shirt and onesie that just scream... R---E--A---L! :)

Seriously though, I know how dear this is to my heart because my firstborn went ahead and upstaged "our plan" for my finishing out the school year by coming a month early. During this time I had a bittersweet moment when our sweet family friend who was keeping her called me at work. Went something like... "Katrina, you'll never guess!! Hope rolled over just now... TWICE!" I yahooed, hung up, and then cried because my own two eyes had missed it.

So it begins this third time around, this cherishing up all the firsts for our little Alysse Maribeth. Here are just a few we've managed to enjoy so far this summer...

First bath...
First fascination with all things dangly...
First trips to the Farmer's Markets and festivals...
First times being snuggled by grandparents...

First time in an itsy bitsy teeny weeny bathing suit, which almost resulted in nibbling her to death...
First time to see a sparkler from behind her eyelids...
First visits from aunties...
Which, of course, leads to first girls' nights even if her pedicure is to be postponed...
And her first time for posing in THE chair...
Month One

That's right, there are eleven more of these chair photos to go. However, I'm pretty sure I'll celebrate each and every one just like it's her first.
I also have a feeling that so will they.

~Katrina

1 comment:

saraiwithani said...

One month already?!?!? Where does the time go? Can't wait to snuggle her!