Monday, May 10, 2010

Picking Time


It's never officially spring until we hit the patch. Until I see juice dribbling down little chins, fingers stained with deep red berries, and at least one of my little girls determined to carry her bucket no matter how heavy it gets.

This year Hope picked hers and then asked, "Mama, can I eat some now?" while Maddie determined that the space between her mouth and the bucket was just too far to travel. Nothing that offering to pay a little extra at the end couldn't handle. After all, chances are next year she'll be so big that she remembers to ask too.

Now won't that be wonderful and sad all at the same time?

Bring on the strawberry salad, the popsicles, the smoothies... and, while I'm asking, the little shortcake baking in my tummy might be nice too! :)





~Katrina

2 comments:

Jen said...

Wow, picking strawberries this close to your due date! That puts me to shame and I've still got 2 months to go. We went this weekend and bought the prepicked ones after indulging in strawberry sundaes and milkshakes.

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Looking at the buckets FULL of strawberries has motivated me to GET OVER THERE :) YUM!!!!!!!