Sunday, January 10, 2010

Almost Laughable

To many of our friends all across the place, our recent snow accumulation has been quite... laughable. Schools closed with rumors of powdery stuff, a neighbor picked up some extra discs from the Tractor Supply, and we all waited on pins and needles last Wednesday night to wake up and... laugh!

We got maybe a half inch of snow in our little neighborhood.

Bummer.

But you know what? Not to our one and two year old! They were so excited, as if surely a blizzard had fallen, so we went on ahead and made like it had.

Oh yeah, this was for breakfast. See the raisins, dried pineapple, and fruit strip? :)

Then the one without a cough got to go outside for about ten minutes.

No worries, though, we brought Maddie some snow indoors...

then colored...
and ended with a holiday favorite that just might have to stay out all year! Actually we ended with Maddie in some tears because it was waaaay past nap time, but no need to spoil this winter wonderland I'm painting.
As you can see, while they played I had fun snapping pictures. I surely didn't want to go back outside. I feel so blessed for our home and heat this winter in particular because although the snow may be laughable, the bitter cold certainly is not!

Join with us in praying for those who are less fortunate... a chill runs up my spine just thinking about it.
~Katrina

3 comments:

amy said...

Cute pics. I absolutely feel the same way about those less fortunate. Every time I step out in this unusually bitter winter, I think about how awful it is for those w/o the warmth of a home! I'm praying along with you :)

saraiwithani said...

I really can't believe that Maddie is big enough to color and watch movies and...when did she grow up?!?!? Give the girls my love!!

Anonymous said...

Hope that all is well. We miss you guys. Congrats on the soon to be new addition. Talk to you guys soon.

Mike, Kari, and Isaac