Friday, October 23, 2009

Defining a Week

It's been a good week.

And it's been a week. Know what I mean?

Runny noses, lots of redirection, late nights of work, and a mama feeling somewhat off her game.

Still, it been a good week, especially in the generosity of new friends and the willingness to be God's hands to someone in need.

Then there are the girls.

There have been snuggles and kisses. Thankfully not just for Peter Rabbit.
There has been joyful creativity. You should hear the elaborate plots going on, and I just about hung up the etch-a-sketch when Hope told me to look at the thwee yittle pigs and the big bad wolf. Though she requests a wolf-less version these days, why, there he is with the trio of brothers. I really see them!

But best of all, there have been moments. Quiet, little moments where I watch Hope take Maddie's hand and they circle the house together. Funny, little moments where Maddie tries out a new word and we all laugh hysterically. Sweet, little moments when I sneak in with my camera to catch them at peace with the world.


I change my mind.

It's been a really good week, come to think of it.

No comments: