Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Now, You're Invited...


It seems you guessed it! Hope could barely contain her excitement for the postponed "ZOO PAWTY!" this past weekend. What a blessing to see her really "get it" this year and to gather a community together for celebration. (Not to mention, I could get a real kick out of planning children's parties- on quite a budget, even- maybe one of these days?) :)

We learned, created/made messes, and had ourselves a big time leading up to the weekend. Then when three certain aunties pulled into the drive, we thought she (oh heck, all of us!) just might burst. We couldn't have done it without them!

Hard as it was we didn't explode, though, and the next day all the little party animals joined us. We played the games made mostly from things around our house, dressed up in masks, and "ate like the animals" including the pictured below trees for giraffes (thanks Grandpa and Grandma for providing for the food!). Of all the things we did, Hope could hardly wait for one part in particular-- "I want to give my fwiends their pwizes!" (A playlist of Jeremiah was a Bullfrog, Crocodile Rock, Jungle Boogie, Rockin' Robin, etc. courtesy of DJ Auntie Mawcie-- thanks, friend!) With that came an end to what we hoped was a fun time for all.

Without further adieu, here are some snapshots of our walk on the wild side:












We'll never forget Hope's excitement over everyone arriving and the snack treats, the compassionate way she helped one of her friends when he got upset, the prancing around in her giraffe mask, shouts of "I don't yike that! It's vewy, vewy dawk!" when blindfolded to pin the trunk, all the hugs and laughs, and the generosity of those who brought two canned goods for a local food pantry-- one for each year of Hope's life.

But we'll especially never forget the shy, almost honored look on Hope's face when the entire room of people sang her Happy Birthday. When they finished she looked at me and quietly asked, "Again?"

Thanks to all of you who could be with us and obliged that little request.

Happy birthday, our big girl. Your heart, your creative spirit, your ability to make us laugh and sing and dance continues to amaze us. May God watch over you and help you grow in this new year of your life... just be sure to slow down the time every chance you get, okay?

9 comments:

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

Looks like a FANTASTIC party--you definitely have a future! Happy Birthday to Hope--time flies, huh?

saraiwithani said...

What a great party!! I was so glad to be there to celebrate with you all. Love you all so much and am counting down the days until our next visit...

NurseMarcie said...

What a Fantastic time we had! That was one Great party and one I certainly was very sad to leave. I had such a great time this past weekend and it was much needed to see all of you and spend a little time with each of you! I promise to get my pictures out soon:) Missing you all very much:)

Jen said...

Wow, you're amazing Katrina! You certainly have a gift. I might have to steal some of your ideas when Lily gets a little older. If we lived closer, you could be the children's party planner and I could take the pictures. Hope and Maddie are two very lucky girls.

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

This auntie simply could not wait to come through those doors...I miss you guys already but am so thankful for the sweet memories of an amazing weekend! Love and hugs to 4 of my favorite people!

The Gieses said...

What a fun party for such a special girl. Thanks for sharing it all with us!

Anonymous said...

SO sorry we could not be there for her big day! Love the pics and of course ALL your super creative loving touches Katrina! Way to go Supper Mommy~ I know so many of you these days. ttyl

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

Brock had a great time at the party. He was very sad to leave the guitar behind :) The decorations and food was great! You did a wonderful job!

Zach and Natasha Zirbel said...

Ok so NOW I'm caught up on all the updates. I didn't realize I was getting behind but I so look forward to reading and seeing all the new things you post. The Animal Party looked like a Huge success and you better believe it that I'm gonna be calling YOU when I need to plan parties for our little towheads, lol! The idea to have guests bring canned goods was marvelous. You continue to surprise me with your creativity! Love all that you do, keep up the good work! You two are raising world-changers and I have NO doubt about that!