Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bits: Double Do

Photobucket
Two things before any more falalalala...

1.  My bro, Andrea, and I actually made my Mom allow us to give them an early Thanksgiving.  Historic.  We are sure kinda grown-up these days, it seems.  Even if I'm missing the pics to prove it. :)  FYI: Billy makes a mean, grown-up deviled egg.

2.  I hate ticks.  I hate Lyme.  I hate all the other illnesses that go along these lines.  When our girls really mean something they shout out, "Double do!!!"  And so to the already strong vocabulary of hate, I add a hearty double do.

My feeling to slow down and relish the last of fall this past week was because, as it turned out, I actually would not be able to do much else.  I know Maddie and I will be healed of all this.  That the nastiness of these things will be used for glory.  On the worst day last week I got on google, read myself a few horror stories.  For shame.  That night as I cried and struggled to sleep I heard God whisper in my spirit, "That's not your story, Katrina."  I often know it's God because the voice is still and small and because He calls me by my name.  I love that.

And I love that, come what may, He knows the hairs on my head.  When I get up and sit down.  Go in and go out.

A God who cares about such things is pretty hard to fathom.  But, glory be, it is this same God who writes my story.  This latest plot twist has not thrown Him a curve.  He is paying attention.

Oh Father, I'm paying attention too.

Especially to the bits.
****

:: Little hands, little artists.  Light like that stretches its beams right down into my soul.
Photobucket Photobucket
 :: Chicken casseroles and math problems.  Ordinary?  Suppose so.  Extraordinary?  Absolutely.
Photobucket
:: Alysse Maribeth.
Photobucket Photobucket
To the left: My wrapping buddy.  To the right: Candy cane face, Daddy's flops.  She threw me a "Tank 'ew!" over the shoulder after I couldn't help but tell her she's awesome.

:: Saturday still had some funk left in it, but I broke away.  Got out in the sunshine for a few hours to shop for those I love.  Felt that fog begin to lift.  Came home in time for choosing, decorating, brownie'ing, and Maddie's turn this year for lifting us all right up to the tippy top.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
:: Sunday gave me back it all in spades.  Not perfection, mind  you, but in tremendous blessing.  Church, family time, a Christmas Parade.  Such loveliness.
Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket
The Sweet Frog!  Major highlight! * The man behind us declared of toboggan girl, "That is the poster child for CUTE!" :)

:: Coloring the Christmas story.  Alysse needing the baby Jesus cut out immediately.
Photobucket Photobucket
 :: Two Christmas gatherings on the same night, so Joe got himself a beautiful little date in plaid.  And I got to take two twirlers to their spaghetti fundraiser/performance.  Win, win.
Photobucket Photobucket 

Maybe bits are extra beautiful because of the hardship that coexists alongside them?  Maybe because of the plots that we sometimes wish our life would choose to edit?

Perhaps.

Either way, my loving these bits?

Double do. 
~Katrina

No comments: