Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Bits: Neither Here Nor There

Alternately titled, "The Life My Camera Catches as It Lies Around the House."
Alternately, alternately titled, "The Kind of Day for Making Lemonade"
*****

:: Some mornings we wake up later and/or are off our game.  Just as I'm about to get some school started a tea party of epic stuffed animal proportions has broken out, so I set about my own long overdue playing (alternately titled: cleaning the bathrooms). Photobucket
And if you let me clean the bathrooms, then once I'm ready to school again, the girls have moved onto "Our Town" (a.k.a. every homemade and tiny-creature-like creation we own).  So I sneak in vacuuming and sorting the mail and such.

 Photobucket
And if you get me to doing those things, why then the girls have moved onto art projects, so I squeeze in my workout for the first time in a couple of weeks.
Photobucket
By this time it's lunch, so we do the whole day backward.  Which just so happens to be a beautiful perk of the school day for us.  That and reading, "If You Give a Mouse a Cookie" as many times as we please.

:: More playtime?  Our girls really run some top notch orphanages around here.  I do have to admit, however, that Hope has been caught playing favorites.  For once she found out Norton was my most prized possession as a child-- he has gotten some major preferential treatment.
Photobucket
We couldn't afford those overpriced dolls back in the day, so I had two knock-offs that I still loved dearly-- one was a red-head named Laura, of this I am sure.  Yet one Christmas, sweet Christmas, my parents gave me Norton.  He was in that special box with his birth certificate from The Patch.  We were innn-separable!

:: The Saturday morning suspense.  To the left: Will Hope pay attention long enough to actually kick the soccer ball as it comes past her?  To the right: Why, hallelujah! She did. 
Photobucket Photobucket
:: Serve Someone Sunday.  Daddy's brilliant brainchild.  This time for some hardworking first year law students freaking out before their first mid-terms. Photobucket
 :: Her. Just her, in all of that two-year-old awesomeness.
 Photobucket
Me: {joking} Did we have crocodiles for lunch?
A: {laughing} Noooooo!
Me: How about snakes?
A: Noooooo! {then slow and serious} 'Nakes are poise-nuss.
Me: {laughing now} And you're a genius!
A: {look of concern}No, Mama. I'm Leesie.
Me: I know that.  Genius means you are very smart.
A: Oh {good giggle}.  'Den I am 'dat!

Me: I love you BIG much!
A: And you wuv me wittle much, baby much, tiny much!!
Me: You betcha.

A: {saddling her chair up next to mine as we eat cereal} Do you know if I'm a pwetty, pwetty pwincess?
Me: Yes, I believe you are.
A: Well, I know YOU'S a pwetty, pwetty pwincess Mommy!

A: {handing Maddie a favorite stuffed cat} Here'go!
Maddie: Can I hold your blankie too, Leesie?
A: {visibly deep in thought}
Me: Could you share it with Maddie for a few minutes since she's feeling sad?
A: Hmm. I think I's gonna share it with myself, guys.

A: {just after Nana left}  Let's go home!  Nana be there.  She hug us.
Me: I'm afraid not, sweetheart.  Remember she had to go home?
A: {furrowing her brow} Dat's 'spicable!  (despicable)

:: For the better part of the week we had a mansion in Heaven, courtesy of the Hopester, taped to our living room floor. Oh my, it was so great.
Photobucket
Alysse walking the streets of gold.

:: Joe had a couple of late work nights and then went on a MUCH deserved men's retreat; but it's official, I've gotten spoiled.  He used to have to travel all. the. time. for his job {please don't even get me started on the late night business!} and now a several day stretch seems like a long go of it.  But the girls and I lived it up; for Family Night, the breadmaker gave us pizza crust and the mixer gave us chocolate cake. Photobucket Photobucket
::  Want another easy fall recipe?  This one's been tested twice already this season with great success.
Photobucket  
Gently beat with a mixer: One package of softened cream cheese with 1/2 cup of brown sugar, 3/4 cup pumpkin (optional depending on how fall'ish you want it to be), dash of cinnamon, and a splash of vanilla. Serve with apples or eat it straight with a spoon.

Neither here nor there.  Just memories caught through the lens.  So many uncaptured, of course.  But I always love finding the ones I, for one reason or another, framed for the keeping.

Plus it sure delivers up a cold glass of sweetened lemons.
~Katrina

1 comment:

Christy Marshall said...

i just re-read this because i came over in my few bits of moments i had to see if i might have a new post to read. so i just indulged in a repeat read. and loved it all the same, if not more. i want you to know that your blog is a very sweet, sweet part of my week. never stop writing. i wish the world could see this!!!!