Monday, October 11, 2010

Fall So Far in {Mostly} Photos

It's been a busy season and not just because of the awesome, family friendly things to do around town. But those are the things that make life seem normal and the especially fun things to blog about, so behold... our so-far-fall in photos.

(Well, mostly just photos. This is one of those a picture (or 700) is worth a thousand words posts. Forgive me, but I have quite the love affair with this time of year.)

There have been autumnal birthday parties. Oh to have a fall babe. It would be worth it just to throw a party among the leaves and pumpkins and cute brown cupcakes.




The annual visit of the mini-trains...free at a highly esteemed, yet seldom visited park. We'd visit the ginormous castle park more, but losing one of my three-three and under always makes for a real downer.



Other freebies... Touch-a-Truck with a festival across the street. A sweet friend packed us all lunches and there's a sneak peek of the month's end pretending to boot. The girls insisted on it; they'd sleep every night in these get-ups if they could. I love those little, BIG imaginations so!



And finally... though we've spent next to nothing... the girls are earning their own way. That's what I'm talking about. Three yard sales and three drink stands later, we've got two green piggy banks and their two proud owners carefully selecting where nickles, dimes, and quarters will go.

If you haven't already left me for a slice of pumpkin bread, I applaud you. I have no bread, but I do have muffins.

All this cutting and pasting has made me hungry. :)

Happy Fall!
~Katrina

5 comments:

Dr. Alfaro said...

Are they the three little kittens who've lost their mittens? They are precious. I'm still praying, by the way...

amy said...

I'll take "mostly" pics anyday, I love seeing what's going on and how everyone is growing! I had to laugh b/c I clicked on the muffin link you had from a post a while back. Today I made a pumpkin spice cake and I could NOT remember where or who I got that recipe from?! Well, I just realized it was from your blog! So, thank you for the recipe, I made it last year and this year...it's delish!

The Gieses said...

A fall babe? Is one more Martins in the works?? ;) Love to you all and happy fall!

Anonymous said...

i have a muffin question! does the cake mix call for eggs and oil or do you just use the cake mix and can o' pumpkin? i didn't say it was a smart question! ;)

Mama Brown said...

Oh what fun these little Martins and Brownies have had through this awesome Fall season. Except this past Saturday felt more like Summer! Look forward to more Fall Fun!