Friday, September 24, 2010

Four... ever

I may not have expected to use our girly tubs of hand-me-downs again so soon when I saw those two pink lines just over a year ago. But I can tell you now that I'm so glad we get to.

Leesie-- you came out to meet us just four months ago, but it feels like you've been here forever. You fit in a way that only you and your wide-mouthed grins could do.

God is so cool like that.

I must also tell you that the tiny blessing of you has been so special to your Mommy lately. Daddy and I have had some unexpected things happen and, consequently, some big decisions to make. In moments when I feel tired I love to slip away with you. You'll grab the neck of my shirt and coo as I hold you close. When I pull you up to eye level with me you smile and smile until your bitty body scrunches up with joy from the attention. And your laughs? Blowing raspberries on your belly or sneaking some in the rolls of your neck produces just about the best sound in the whole wide world. In fact tonight as I sat watching you splash in the sudsy bath water and smile up at me, I called out to your daddy that you must be an angel.

And for the record he yelled back a hearty, "Yep, you're right!"

You start out your nights in the bassinet beside our bed until you wake for a middle of the night feeding. After that I so enjoy tucking you in next to me as you breathe against my chest. Here in the last week or two I might ask that you get back to only waking once or so, especially since your adoring sisters like to wake when you are yet asleep, and the whole process is kind of killing me. But I digress because honestly...

I know you'll only be such a bundle for such a short time more.


No matter if I want it to be forever.
~Mama

5 comments:

Mama Brown said...

Isn't great that the Lord gives us such precious moments of serenity through our babies. Beautiful post my friend. Lessie will surely cherish this one for eternity! Loved see you today. Want to see you more soon! Love you, Stac.

amy said...

Loving that little one...she's so precious, and getting big so fast! Leesie? How cute is that?? I can only imagine how exhausted you can become with all three...it sounds like you're doing the best you can, and it's all worth it! Praying for endurance and patience to get you through your days :)

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

I so agree! Babies can be such great stress relief, huh? Jeff and I have been so thankful for Kiely in the last year, too! Isn't it neat that God knew just what you needed right now (in advance)?

Tara said...

absolutely love love love reading your love notes to your precious girls, or reminiscing about an artsy event you've hosted, or how you adore your role as wife and mother!
Thank you for sharing from your heart and letting those of us who read, feel like we're almost there. You're so descriptive and I love it and love the pics too..sweet faces, silly smiles, and the small things like even the precious rocker that has rocked all of your angels with its newer spoke...it's held up and will continue too..just like you!
Blessings to you this night sweet friend, wife, mother, sister, and woman of God! You are missed!

saraiwithani said...

What a sweetie pie!! That little smile just lights up the room...or internet :) Thanks for always sharing your girls with those of us who can't be there to snuggle them often! love you!