Thursday, September 3, 2009

Out of In Season

Joe's watching football with the guys. The girls are mostly sleeping, if you count Hope reading yet another Arthur book over and over again. And Tucker's around here somewhere dog napping. That leaves me to some things I need to be doing with this atypical silence.

Like putting in a little Pride and Prejudice, setting all my laundry before me, returning a few phone calls, and deciding to share a final in season post.

This one was extra fun thanks to the county fair. The girls led the way since, as you can see, it was just their size.


Apple picking and seed planting...


Tractor riding and cow milking (or cow gazing depending on your viewpoint)...

In the end they got to exchange all their hard work for a little play dough, which then bought them animal crackers. We threw in a few rides as a bonus. Our farmer-ettes thought this was a pretty sweet deal indeed.


Since I have no recipes this go 'round, with the produce not being edible and all, how about a few of my favorite shots from the fairgrounds?



Makes me smile... a little slice of America, you know?

Check in with three simple girls, though. In the next week I'll try to post some summer soups from our garden as we all transition into the glorious season of fall.

Speaking of glorious and our beloved country, hope your Labor Day weekend is something special!

3 comments:

Dr. Alfaro said...

This is amazing! You find so many wonderful places to visit, it makes me wonderful if I haven't looked hard enough, or if you're just situated in the perfect spot! :) I can't remember if I've commented on any of the recent posts, but I'm super jealous of your new camera... as you can tell from our blog, we need you and the girls to take an eastern trip so we'll have someone to take pictures for us (I've done a terrible job lately)!

Anonymous said...

Hope's face is priceless when she is on the ride! I love it! Glad y'all had so much fun! hollace

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

So much fun! We love our annual fair trip. Your pictures turned out great!