Monday, September 7, 2009

Labor of Love

Some might say we were brave (crazy?) to do this with 1-two year old, 2-one year olds, and 1-six month old. Especially since the last time we went it was just the four of us twenty/thirty somethings, me six months pregnant with Hope.
But, just look at these sweet faces...


Too much to resist! Off we went, all last minute like, to try our hand at tent camping together. Overall the kids did rather beautifully as they played hard in the dirt, sand, water, and grass. They even went down pretty easily after S'mores.

In fact, it was mostly all fun and games until about the eleven o'clock hour. Either it was this earlier camp meeting where they must have pow wowed about staying up half the night...
Or the campground's ridiculous karaoke till midnight, in honor of Labor Day, that did us in.

Either way, eventually all the babes called it a night and we woke up the next morning to a new campfire, raisiny oatmeal and honey filled biscuits on a stick, and a sleepy but renewed sense of adventure.



The trip may not have felt completely labor (or mosquito!) free, but it sure had its fill of lovely.



3 comments:

Mama Brown said...

You guys are SO brave or crazy! It looks like you had a blast and the kids looks so happy...so it must have been a success. :0) Love, Stacee.

Rachel@AllergenFreePlease said...

How FUN! I would love to know where you guys camped...looks beautiful!

Hightowerz said...

I sat down and counted my mosquito bites... 148. I am not kidding. I think between Dave and the kids they have about 8. How is that even possible? I took a benedryl to prevent myself from scratching my skin off when I went to bed...I am crazy enough to think about camping again soon!! I just need about a month and NO KAREOKE!