Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Yemonade and a Baby

Another couple we know is in the process of adopting their son. So far we've gotten to snack on concessions, eat Chick-Fil-A, and participate in (thereby, heavily sample) a bake sale.

At this point, it's almost hard to tell who has gotten the better end of all these deals. But, boy, are we full.

Most recently some extra baked goods and a gift from Nana's last summer clearance glories gave us an idea. A really fun idea. "Yemondae... Get your cold, fwesh yemonade!"

"Mommy... Nana... are you sure I'm gonna get my fiwst customah?" She reminds us of no one, absolutely no one, we know. :)
Soon, thankfully, frowns turned around and off rode our first patron into the blazing hot sun over head.

This was celebrated by some...how shall we say... profit sharing.
The evening hour of operation was successful too, especially when a favorite customah helped wrap up the night.

Please join us in praying that Baby Bailey gets to his family before we even have time to roll back out to the end of the driveway again!

We certainly know one little entrepreneur who can't wait to meet him.

3 comments:

NurseMarcie said...

Oh Man, if only I lived a little closer, I would have LOVED to be Hope's fiwst customah!!! And friend, your creativity just continues to amaze me (of course with you AND nana in the house the possibilities are endless!) I am missing you more than you could know! It has been forever since we have been able to catch up. We must do that soon:) Please give those beautiful girls and a BIG hug from their Auntie Mawcie and tell them just how much I miss them too. I love you friend!

Hightowerz said...

How cute! I wish I knew because I have been craving some lemonade! If you hit up the neighborhood again let me know so I can do a drive-by! :)

The Wild, Wild Westerners said...

What a wonderful idea! You're such a great teacher and mommy. :)