Friday, December 5, 2008

Through Their Eyes

I think we've mentioned before on here how much we love having kids to remind us to see the world through their eyes. Our first Christmas with Hope was unforgettable...


...but now that she's getting it (and has a little friend for life to share it with)-- it's really like getting to relive childhood all over again.

For instance...
I'll never forget when my parents gave me my own small bedroom tree. My mom was a restaurant supervisor at the time, so I made my ornaments out of her waitress tickets and just about anything else I could find. A few years back I bought a few of these mini trees for about a dollar a piece. I've been just waiting to give one to each of our kids; this year we helped Hope decorate hers and she was mesmerized!

Then we snuck back in later that night to watch her soundly sleeping by those sweet, twinkling lights. There is something so precious about watching the girls at peace like that.

We can hardly make a trip up the stairs that we don't pause for a show by "Mr. White Christmas."

He's always a crowd pleaser!

Can't leave out the little "friend for life" who will surely be getting it this time next year. For now she's happy to be getting a chance to grab needles off the tree, ornaments, or anything else within her tiny grasp. And we're happy to still keep getting those grins!
Then there are those moments by the family tree in footie pajamas... footie pajamas that were meant for a Christmas present, but some parents we know couldn't wait to see their daughter's face when she opened them! (We didn't give her the hair bands as bracelets; she chose to accessorize with those all her own.)


Two mugs of steaming hot chocolate and a little old school Rudolph, on VHS even, always make a holiday night complete... Okay we admit it, this one was for the adults only. Shhh... please don't tell! In fact, go indulge yourselves!

Here's to hoping your Christmas memories are full of childlike wonder too!

1 comment:

Hightowerz said...

The girls can't get any cuter!! (and no I am not biased at all!)I love those grins...tell Hope "Beverly" says hi... ha ha. Can't wait for our first annual(wink) progressive dinner with some hot chocolate and Christmas movies at the Martins... yay!