Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Little Bits: A Swirl

Wednesday's snuck up on me this week and my mind's a swirling. There have been many big decisions for loved ones this week, many messages or situations with folks prompting me to ponder this and think about that, many opportunities from here to there as the needs of others can be so great and more realized this time of year.

Even still, it's been a good week as should be the case for any week that you get to look upon the faces of those you love. And since I'm done thunk out at the moment, my bits are pretty short and sweet as we usher in more December memories. It will be nothing if not a random assortment of little loves.

:: There's not too much I dig more than our girls and a great Children's Museum.
Photobucket
:: Except maybe our fortunate downtown museum spot + our awesome niece and nephews who we got to spoil for an entire weekend.
Photobucket

Photobucket
:: Exhibit, somewhere 'round about G, of those spoiling efforts.
Photobucket
:: Counting down to Jesus' birthday. If you look closely you can see signs from the school Hope made us one afternoon-- she had centers and the works!
Photobucket
:: One of the cutest Advent projects thus far that the girls loved. Old pillowcases, miraculously working old fabric markers, and a little puffy paint... a sweet reminder of the truth in "Away in a Manger" each time we lay our own heads on soft pillows at night.
Photobucket

Photobucket
:: Real holly bushes in our yard.
Photobucket
See them tucked in our porch fence? For me, it is so the little things. Like how our house now looks from the street because of the bright red berries.

:: Literally being grateful each morning when I pull this girl's feet out of her footed jammies and they are still small pudgy kissables.
Photobucket
I miss baby toes when they're gone.

:: Spontaneous gift making makes me smile, even if I almost tried to sabotage this one leaving our house. What a retelling its pages held.
Photobucket

:: A gingerbread date to make tiny cottages. Cutie pies.
Photobucket
And I don't mean just the houses.

::Bedtime sillies and the conversations that follow as I often lay in the bottom bunk with Maddie and eavesdrop.
Photobucket

Photobucket
Seeing your kids sleep by the twinkle of Christmas lights has to rank as the 8th wonder of the world.

So funny how a little bit of feeling swirly can try to sneak in and steal your joy. Looking back just now though, I am grateful that there was a lot of it up for grabs. All I needed tonight was the reminder to take it back right away... bit by bit by bit.

~Katrina

1 comment:

Christy Marshall said...

Boohoo...no new martins family CHRISTmas update. What am I supposed to do now? I feel lost. Ha!!