Saturday, October 15, 2011

Hands Ready

Photobucket
This is our girl. Baking, tending to her babies, adorned in lots of flowers that are "sooo pwetty, Mama."

Right now it's the girls' favorite. The lyrics begin to play and I hear little feminine voices from behind my headrest. Soft at first; then strong and loud.

Eventually they crescendo into all out screams.

But before this there is a sweet voice. The voice of my blond headed one. The one who for eight weeks has been heavy on my heart. The one who I took to the doc for such random symptoms I thought for sure the pediatrician would say I needed to get a grip. Instead I heard, "We need to get her over to the hospital right now, Katrina."

This child-- she always has a message as the chorus comes.

Get your hands ready.

So we do, we lift them high.

And we sing:

Our God is greater, our God is stronger
God You are higher than any other

Our God is Healer, awesome in power

Our God, Our God…


I can't continue enjoying this beautiful fall weekend without *thanking* all the many who have joined us in prayer for our girl because yesterday the doctor had a different message.

She is healed, all but for a small issue that is likely genetic and not serious. We will continue to monitor it in years to come, but I have faith.

I've also got them ready, baby girl.

Now may I sing it again and again
:

Our God is Healer, awesome in power
Our God, our God...


Photobucket
A plate of honey flower soup for you all.
~Katrina

2 comments:

Christy Marshall said...

sweet little way to share your praise report. btw, i just got your message on my blog post. yay...thanks for the love. i'm almost 8 weeks. i love that maddie is G-to-G!

The Goodman Family said...

Awesome!! Of course she is healed ( I say this with tears in my eyes), because our GOD is greater and stronger and we had faith that he would heal her! God bless you all!