Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Something About

Just something about old friends. The kind who knew you when you were wet behind the ears and purely optimistic about how you were gonna change the world, when you could stay up all night in a small dorm room eating cookie dough and laughing till you cry, when you thought you should have lost a few pounds... but you look back at the pictures and think, "I was crazy! Look how skinny I was!"

That last memory might be a direct result of Operation Baby Weight. Just sayin'. :)

Then there is something about those old friends coming to love on you, coming to love on your babies. Something about the way they look on the other side of your front door, arms outstretched. The way they can't wait to shower gifts and hear the latest and go on Hope's house tour again.

Something about the way they jump right in bathing, swaddling, brushing teeth, playing explorer and little people and whatever else, blowing bubbles, going on picnics, babysitting, wiping up messes, watching movies late into the night while passing the littlest around.


Just something about the way these friendships rooted in faith grow stronger with each little girlfriend the good Lord gives Joe and I.

It really is something.
~Katrina

3 comments:

NurseMarcie said...

Oh my friend, what a wonderful post. You have such a gift. As I read through this I couldn't help but think back to last week and just how wonderful it was. I would give anything to be able to be there more often. From the time we arrived till the very end, it was a very special time indeed. How fun it was to just be there and be able to spend time with each of you. From our picnics and playing at the park to exploring in the back yard, the bonfire with smores, all of the wonderful meals and time to just sit around the table as a family and talk, to the late night movies, to constructing yet another resume (what in the world would I do without you:))to being able to love on and help take care of those 3 Sweet, amazing and precious girls and well I could go on forever. A huge thank you to you and Joe for always opening your home to us Aunties and for the love that you show us continiously. The fall is not far away my friend and I can look to the future and see 3 Aunties tagging along to the pumpkin patch with the Martins crew. CANNOT WAIT!!!! I love you friend and I am so thankful for all of you.

The Goodman Family said...

Katrina,

You have been abundantly blessed with wonderful girlfriends and I know that you are truly thankful! Love seeing each picture of your beautiful girls!

Keisha

saraiwithani said...

A truly blessed visit indeed :) Desperately looking forward to our next visit full of all the things you and Marcie listed and then some! Love you all!!!