Monday, July 5, 2010

I Do

As I shared stories at the rehearsal dinner about my brother and I... I just had to remember Christmas mornings, Pigeon Forge and beach vacations, watching endless ballgames as I shamelessly cheered him on, sneaking up past bedtime to play Uno and make pizza quickies. The fact that I can count on one hand the number of arguments or disagreements we had growing up. Maybe it was the six year age difference? Maybe it was our personalities? Maybe we just realized somehow at young ages that siblings can be some of the greatest gifts ever given to you?
One way or another, it was such a blessing to witness the asking of his sweetheart's hand a few months ago. And nothing short of beautiful to see it all come to reality this past weekend. All those childhood secret sharing moments becoming the real deal. Now for both of us.

In typical Uncle Billy and Aunt Andrea style it was laid back, fun, creative, and gorgeous... an unbeatable combo for a weekend chocked full of memories. In typical Britt family style it was also quite emotional, especially when my Mom and Dad spoke... when my brother let down his guard and tearfully shared from his heart... when he spent the first half of the "Mother/Son" dance with Mom and then asked for me so we could cry and laugh our way through the end... when our girls ran to jump into dancing arms, making my heart so wish they could do that much more often.
A girls' morning for sure... stopped for smoothies on the way to the salon. :)
Andrea saw to every black, white, and splash of blue detail.
I Corinthians 13... the greatest of these is love... sweet favors.
Women with such talent... Mom made jewelry, Andrea's Mom sewed, and more!
My brother has always been all about the shoes. I owe every cool pair of sneakers to him.
The girls ate the weekend up... strutting and dancing and wearing themselves flat out!
As their recessional belted out, "How Sweet it Is to Be Loved By You!"

So we raise some old, vintage looking glass bottles of Diet Coke and Sunkist to Mr. and Mrs. Billy Britt! Our best wishes and prayers are with you always.

And love you guys?

Why yes... I do.
~Katrina

1 comment:

saraiwithani said...

Looks like the wedding was a blast!! Seems like every single detail was perfectly executed and oh-so-adorable! Congratulations on your new "sister" :)