Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Two Weeks of Answered


For the last two weeks we've had either Nana and/or Auntie Brooke in town. We can assure you no one has been excited about this.

That, in fact, is more like it.

As I looked back over the few pictures we remembered to take, it seems us girls had a lot going on. For example...

Hope cautiously tried, and consequently loved, her first taste of sushi.
The hibachi grill's fire was another story. Still sorry, honey!

Overall Maddie's been great. Although she's decided that getting your back teeth is almost overrated, even if sandboxes can help distract a bit, bless her little heart. She's been painfully keeping at it, however, because all of a sudden she's refusing anything besides yogurt that even looks like baby food. Seems to me she doesn't need to outright flaunt the fact that she's turning one. :) For the record, I wasn't trying to get this sad but true first face on camera. Ouch, the agony!

Then there's me... I had a number of things to accomplish in the last weeks. Not the least of which was the good stuff like finally receiving the teeth that hold much promise about staying in my mouth, getting away for a much overdue new summer do, and stealing a night out with my hubby.

Not too shabby-- at least for us girls, that is. The furriest guy in our house, on the other hand, is shedding some kind of winter coat-- the likes of which I have never quite seen. All the sweeping of tumbleweed-like hair is not making for me feeling all warm and fuzzy inside.

But, man oh man, something else is.

Have you noticed too, as did the mesmerized Hope you see below? (Who took her sign holding job very seriously, I might add.) Pavel "Michah" is with his WHOLE family!

There's just something about answered prayers...

The ones that come to visit and the others that finally get to go on home.

2 comments:

friendbrooke at everyday blessings said...

Love your collage! So glad we could discover the goodness of Picnic together! Loved being able to spend time with you and your sweet family! See you in about a week!

Zach and Natasha Zirbel said...

OH MY GOODNESS! Pavel is now home with his family???? Please confirm that with me via email cause I so want to know for sure. I've been praying! How exciting! I have not checked out your blogspot in weeks! I've been missing out and I finally remembered that I needed to get back on here so I put it on my to-do list :) I've missed seeing all the wonderful updates and I definitely need to do more reading and not just seeing all the adorable faces. Maddie's teeth are already growing in! Wow! Miss you guys so much!