Sunday, June 22, 2008

Brotherly (?) Love



Looks like most of you are leaning toward bringing Baby M home in all his green and white striped sweetness. A little over two thirds of the votes said "brother" and apparently you aren't the only ones. Just this past week the ladies who often ring up my (gasp) gas purchases, the instructor of our nursing refresher course, and the sales associate at Motherhood Maternity asked if we are having a boy. When combined with the votes of those on vacation, those we were able to talk with, and those of our family who simply don't do internet yet still have quite the opinions :)... it is an overwhelming majority.

But, we just don't know...

With Hope I, at least, felt certain she would be a girl. In fact,I would have been shocked had she been anything but... still thrilled, of course, but shocked all the same. This time we have our sneaking suspicions but nothing quite that strong. Hope doesn't offer a lot of help since we broke her code. For a long time she would reply with "sister" or "girl." Then one day we flipped the question by asking, "Do you think you're having a sister or brother? Girl or boy?" That is when we discovered it all depends on what you say last. We say A+ for effort, big sister!

We do know that as of now our bags are packed and we're really beginning to see double around here. And so we wait. Excited and nervous and joyfully anxious we wait.





Speaking of, we can't wait to share the real final results with each of you!

ps-- Hope gives big "MWA's" to all her public out there that voted... "You're simply mar-velous darlings!"

3 comments:

NurseMarcie said...

Wow, Friend,it looks like you guys are all ready to go. It won't be long until Baby M # 2 is here and I can't wait. I know you guys must be so excited! Please know that I am axiously awaiting that phone call saying, Auntie Marcie, it's a ______! And the name is ______! Oh how fun. I am praying for all of you and I hope that Hope is feeling much better. Talk to ya soon. Love ya.
Marcie

amandajonalissa said...

First of all - you look so beautiful in all your pregnant glory!

Second - I love the pics that contrast the new baby's things with Hope's. So hard to believe she is already such a big girl...and the baby will be so small!

I have felt "boy" since getting the news last fall. But then again...I was 100% convinced Alissa would be "Luke"...so don't give my guess much weight! =)

I can't wait to hear. I'm praying for everything to go super smooth.

And "Lord...we pray that this baby will sleep WELL...that this baby will nurse WITH EASE...that this baby will love the entertainment and joy that Hope offers...and that this baby will fuss little and smile A LOT!"

Love from The Scotts!!!

The Gieses said...

We are so excited for you guys! I told Sean the week before Cooper was born that I was going to be really surprised if we did not have a girl. Truly, I was surprised when it was a boy! I love that you all are waiting to find out what the gender of your new baby M is going to be. Such fun and anticipation! Love and prayers to you all from Winston-Salem.